• Ndole Vegetable Leaves (equivalent of three balls)
• 2 Cups fresh Prawns/fish/par-boiled beef
• 400gr peanuts
• 3 medium sized onions (chopped)
• 3 cloves of garlic
• Beef seasoning (Stock or cubes)
• Palm oil
• Salt, pepper to taste
1. Prepare the Ndole leaves by washing the vegetables and chopping them finely. Par-boil with pinch of salt to soften. Strain from water. Repeat 3 to four times to reduce bitterness of leaves.
2. Blend boiled and skinned peanuts with some onions and garlic.
3. Saute remaining onions and garlic in a little palm oil, then add the peanut paste and dilute to taste. Bring to boil and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring often.
4. Add vegetables and beef seasoning to peanut paste. Add in salt and pepper to taste. Bring to boil and simmer for 25 minutes.
5. Add the prawns/fish or par-boiled meat.
Serve with Rice and fried plantains, or preferred starch meal.
(Recipe adapted from Cameroon-Discovery)
Last Updated on Saturday, 28 March 2015 06:55
Written by Claypot